Stacking The Shelves (24/05/2013)


I've got to stop buying books. I might buy clothes instead! Although I'm supposed to be saving up for a Kindle Paperwhite and an Ikea bookcase. I think I must be addicted to buying things... here's what I bought this week.


I bought some shoe type things! I live in hiking boots and never buy anything girly usually but I really wanted to not be wearing thick hiking boots in the middle of summer. And vest with elephants. And nail files! I also got underwear but didn't want to weird you out. Naturally, just after I bought all these lovely summery things, it pissed down.*

*If you're a confused American, I mean it rained on my head a lot.


Prepare yourself because I have a list of excuses so long I had to bullet point them.
  • They were really cheap! I visited a few charity shops this week and I got most of these for 50p each, some even 25p. I think the most I spent on one book was £1.50 for Code Name Verity
  • I've read two of them! I have a different cover of Code Name Verity but didn't like it. And that edition of Oliver Twist is gorgeous, I needed it.
  • I've started reading Sister Assassin! It's known as Mind Games in the US and I'm happy to say that for the first time in forever, I used Disney lyrics in a post we got the better cover.
  • Two of them were for review! Easy and Breakable were for review so that doesn't count right.
  • I collect Chris Riddell art! I really will buy any book with Chris Riddell's art in it or on it, I'm obsessed. I'm the proud owner of both Alice in Wonderland and Peter Pan with his designs on the covers.
Read This Week


I actually read books this week! I didn't read anything last week and I blame that 500+ page tome that is The Quick, which I finally finished. I was so disappointed in Inheritance after rating 5/5 to Adaptation, that was a bit of a downer. Everything Leads To You and Prisoner Of Night And Fog were so, so good though! You can find reviews for these on my blog, except Everything Leads To You, which is up tomorrow.


Humming This Week


OH. ALSO.

I started a Tumblr for my blog! It's filled with bookish things, quotes an images of libraries and books I've read and bought and if you wanted to follow it I'd cry a little with happiness. Especially as the last person to follow me was called sexyblackbutts.

That's it from me this week! Don't forget to leave your links and I'll try and visit you, if I don't forget like I usually do... (at least I'm honest)

Vickie x

Comments

  1. I'm not really a clothes or shoes girl...I slob around in Tshirts, leggings, PJs and onesies! I hate being out in the sun so in summer I hide inside with a book mostly! Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your haul, Vickie, and the underwear wouldn't have weirded me out at all *winks*! Isn't it typical that the day you get some summery shoes and clothes, it starts raining again?
    I can never resist books, either, even when they're not cheap - so I totally get why you needed to fill your shelf!
    Thanks for stopping by earlier. Have a great weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Code Name Verity and I cannot wait to read Everything Leads to You (glad you loved it).

    Happy Reading!
    Nicole @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your stack this week. It's always a good thing when you can get books at a great price. I like your shoe strings. they look very comfortable.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I want to read Breakable so bad. Great haul this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Prisoner of Night and Fog a while ago and simply loved it!! Can't wait for the second book by the author :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I buy girly clothes, they sit around in my closet until I give up and sell them :/ Fail? Also, I kind of love buying underwear, so I'd not have judged. And I think it is absolutely always acceptable to buy books if they are cheap. Always. (Otherwise, I'd have to stop doing it myself, right?) I really, really want to read Everything Leads to You and Prisoner of Night and Fog, I am glad that you enjoyed them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The shoe are adorable! I, too, think I have an addiction to buying things. I really should work on that.

    Great stack this week! I hope you enjoy all of them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to check out the blog after your comment on FoF.
    ...
    So is it weird I'm scanning your book blog for pictures of your cat? Haha
    The Quick look very interesting. Tell us how it turns out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:49 pm BST

    I'm so addicted to buying books, too, you are by no means alone! And it's funny, I keep getting Code Name Verity recced this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your stack, you got a lot of great looking books. I am hoping to read Breakable soon, I really enjoyed Easy when I read it earlier in the year. Charity shops are amazing, you can get books for so little <3 I hope you enjoy all of your books. As soon as I brought out my summer stuff it just pissed down too, not impressed :'(

    ReplyDelete
  12. A fabulous haul! I'm listening to Breakable on audio at the moment and I'm loving it, Easy was amazing.

    Have a great week & happy reading! Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  13. I lovedEasy and can't wait to read Breakable. Enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, and thunder and lightning has been a bitch the last few days, haha. We had like, uh, 3 or 4 days of sun. I LOVED Prisoner of Night and Fog (which, I wasn't expecting to, so yay!)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats a great selection of books. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got me, my alter-ego is sexyblackbutts. Lol. I still need to read Cody Named Verity. I feel like I'm the last one in the world. I loved Mind Games and its sequel. I hope you are enjoying. I'm glad you liked Everything Leads to You. I plan on reading that one soon. Great haul and happy reading. Oh, and I love that elephant print and starry shoes! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love comments! Spam comments will be deleted.

Popular posts from this blog

Many Covers Monday - ALL THE HARRY POTTER SERIES

Many Covers Monday: 13 Reasons Why by Jay Asher

Many Covers Monday: One Of Us Is Lying by Karen M. McManus